Monday, July 14, 2008

INTERNET MARKETING - HOW EFFECTIVE IT IS

There is a lot of hype and misinformation going around about article marketing. People are making it out to be a miracle marketing method. Don't get me wrong, it works very well. I use it to earn about 67% of my monthly income, but it's no miracle. It's not a push button method that you can just plug in. It does take some work. This article is going to share some things you should and shouldn't do when it comes to promoting your products via the use of articles.

One thing you should NOT do is write crappy articles. A lot of people think that they can write just any old thing and it's going to make them a sale. This is not true. You write a lousy article and guess what? The person reading it either won't make it through the whole article OR after they're done, they'll be so disgusted, they won't even consider going to your site. So make the article the best you can possibly make it.

Another thing you shouldn't do is make your articles a sales pitch. An article should be informative. If the article does its job of informing people and actually giving them information that they can use, trust me, they'll be checking out your signature to see what you have to offer them. It's like anything else in this world. The more you give, the more you will get in return.

What you DO want to do when writing an article is make sure the title is catchy. You want it to raise the reader's curiosity. Take the title of this article. "How Effective Is Article Marketing Really?" Got you wondering, didn't it? Is it effective? Am I wasting my time? Made you want to read it. Oh don't worry, I'll answer the question before I'm done. But I think you already know the answer.

No comments: